Our Mission & Goals
The mission of the Ibadan Grammar School Old Students Association of North America (IGSOSANA)
is to foster a lifelong relationship between our alma mater and its old students.
The association is managed by a board of dedicated volunteers from all walks of life who are old students. Their goal is to offer our alumni a focal point of support, event coordination and benefits. IGSOSANA is made up of old students who make a difference every day. You can find them in industry as entrepreneurs, technologists, medical doctors, social workers, nurses and in a multitude of other occupations. All IGS graduates living in any part of North America are invited to get involved and become a registered member of our Alumni Association. Because Alumni provide a strong link between the community, industry and the School, many benefits are available to all alumni.
Getting involved may take many forms such as attending varied social events, meeting up with old friends, taking advantage of all benefits afforded to Alumni members and more. You can also get involved by becoming an officer of the Alumni Association, or may want to help to organize events such as the Annual Convention – we need you.
Our vision at this point is to steer Ibadan Grammar School towards a Center of Excellence in Education with the aim of turning IGS into a First-class institution that can compare favorably with any Secondary School in the world. To achieve this vision, we aim to:
- Raise funds for enhancing and supporting education at IGS as well as for the reconstruction and restructuring of the school to maximize excellence
- Assist in all aspects of Education including Science & Liberal Arts
- Recruit & support Teachers to deliver the best education
- Give top graduating IGS students scholarships to tertiary institutions.
- Sponsor indigent students in the school.
- Promote student extracurricular activities in STEM & Liberal Arts
- Promote the interest and welfare of the School
- Perpetuate ties of affection and esteem formed in our IGS days
- Increase the active participation of members in the Association
- Promote the objectives of IGSOSA, our global body