Current State at IGS
All is not well with the state of facilities and infrastructure at Ibadan Grammar School.
Vital and urgent help is needed to get the school out of the this state of disrepair.
- General School Policy
- Student headcount = 2817
- Admission determined by Government
- Average arms per class = 8
- Average class size = 60
- School size determined by govt.
- 2 schools within the campus – Presently 1 Jnr school & 1 Snr. Schools
- Limited support by the govt. but staff salaries paid by govt
- Limited maintenance fund (grant) due to the school not paid by Government for the last 4 yrs – #0.8 – #1.2M/year.
- No meaningful budget, virtually no revenue
- Govt. reluctant to return schools to religious bodies or old students/PTA
- 18 teachers are resident on the campus
- Government recruits, post, and discipline staff & PTA appointed Teachers.
- PTA levied ₦1,500 to recruit teachers, respond was poor only 8 teachers recruited.
Help us improve this conditions.